This 2022 Sprinter 144 4×4 was built to serve as a remote wilderness base camp with a unique purpose. The owner is a trainer and operator of Search and Rescue dogs in the Sierra Nevada area and needed the van to provide safe transportation and a comfortable rest area when on the job. We incorporated 2 Impact Dog Crates mounted to L-Track, with additional space for 2 more crates under the bed when operating with 4 dogs.
Systems include 510ah of Lithium batteries, 3000 watt Kisae inverter/charger, Nomadic Cooling 2000 DC Air Conditioner, Max Fan Deluxe, 20 Gallon Fresh water storage with an additional 4 gallons in the hot water tank, and 7 gallons of Grey water storage.
We installed side pods to allow for width oriented sleeping giving more room for a kitchen, fridge/bench seat and even a second Lagun table mount up front for doing laptop work.
On the exterior the build was packed with equipment for cargo carrying and offroad protection. Side rail protection is provided by Craft Autoworks Rock Slider Side Steps. Cargo is held by Van Speed Ladder Tire Carrier and Cargo Panel, a Flatline Van Co Roof Rack, and Rear Storage Box.
COST: $101,000 + Tax and Van
- Baltic Birch walls and ceiling with Automotive Micro-fiber Upholstery
- 3M Thinsulate Insulation
- Custom CNC cut maple plywood cabinetry
- 4ft Kitchen with butcher block counter
- Portable Induction Cooktop
- Slide out Dometic Cassette Toilet
- Iceco 45L DC Fridge Freezer
- Queen size bed with Side Pods
- Exterior Full Shower
- Overhead Soft Bag Storage
- Custom Color Temperature Adjustable LED Lighting
- Maxxair Deluxe Fan
- Nomadic Cooling 2000 DC Air Conditioner
- Espar S2-D2L Diesel Heater
- 510Ah Lithium Battery pack
- 3000 watt inverter/charger
- 50amp DC to DC with MPPT Charger
- 20 Gallon fresh water storage
- 4 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- 7 gallon grey water storage with electric dump valve
- Cargo area with L-track mounting rails for garage storage
- Van Speed Ladder/Tire Carrier and Cargo Carrier
- Roof Rack and Awning with exterior lighting
- Van Compass 2.3 Adjustable Suspension